CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 23, 2009

Mother God is the Free Woman

While stopping by the Church of God World Mission Society I was able to learn something new, something I of course never heard about before. It was in the book of Galatians 4:21-26 which speaks about 2 women; the slave woman Hagar representing the old covenant and the free woman Sarah representing the new covenant. But it's strange because while I read this I didn't understand what it meant. Why does God compare the 2 women of the Old Testament in the story of Abraham's heir to 2 covenants? As I continued reading verses 25-26 it says "Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children. But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother." So God used Hagar to tell us about the physical Jerusalem in the Palestine area, but that same God tells us that Sarah represents the heavenly Jerusalem, but this Heavenly Jerusalem is "free" and She is our Mother. I think I understand now. God let us understand in the bible that the things that exist on this earth is actually a copy and shadow of what is in heaven (Hebrews 8:5). So through the Old Covenant I can understand about the Heavenly Jerusalem who is God the Mother. God made it so easy to understand about Heavenly Mother, so the members at the World Mission Society Church of God let the world get a chance to see the testimony with their own eyes rather than interpreting it on their own. It was so new for me to see how all the verses in the bible connect with one another. Unfortunately I can never remember all of the verses so what I can remember I try to make it as clear as I received it. Thanks again to the members at the Church of God World Mission Society for showing me this which now makes so much sense to me. Until next time!

0 Responses: